Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, October 4, 2010

One-on-one Mentoring (Huntington Beach Everyday: Nicole)

I had no CLUE what I was doing.
I had a new camera, and a passion.
But NO knowledge... no prior experience... and no idea what to do.

When I was given my very first camera, I never DREAMED that that passion would take on a life of its own and eventually become a full fledged business. One of the most common questions I get is how did I get started. And while I've attempted to answer this question more than once... it is so hard for me to really explain, because I honestly believe that much of my success is due to a few key people in my life who invested in me. People who believed in me more than I believed in myself. Fellow photographers that had nothing to gain by helping me, but did it anyway. To this day I wonder why. I just feel incredibly blessed that a few people took it upon themselves to be kind and helpful and encouraging. I am where I am today, largely due to their wisdom.

Lately I've gotten several emails asking me if I've considered doing a workshop, or if I might be offering one soon. I am completely BLOWN AWAY by just that simple request! It makes me feel incredibly honored and blessed to do what I do. I love this amazing network of photographers that is Southern California! And while I am not yet at a place where I am ready to offer workshops... I am looking at the possibility of developing a one-on-one mentoring type of thing.

I gave it a little test drive with two very special girls who are a regular part of my life. They have both expressed an interest in starting their own businesses, and so I made them my guinea pigs :) Special thanks to Crystal and Shirley for helping me develop what could end up being a really cool thing!

I set up a special shoot with my gorgeous friend and past bride, Nicole. She was a fabulous sport and a beautiful model! In addition to shooting, I video taped some special FAQ answers that I will be sharing here on my blog. I hope that by offering these sessions and by posting some videos and answers to questions, I can give back even a small percentage of the help that has been given to me!

I wanted to share some of the photos from our session because... well... Nicole is gorgeous.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




You may also notice that the last few blogs I've changed my logo/watermark a little bit. I've been playing around with different branding... working on some new projects! Diandra Ann Photography is in a big transition place right now! Pretty excited about what is to come!!!

2 comments:

AbraMichelle said...

LOVE this series of images. She looks amazing.

Uhlee said...

great photos diandra. i absolutely love them