Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Inspiration

I blogged a little video a few days back about inspiration.
I mentioned that I would like to expand a little more on this in a later post.
Welcome to that post :)

Inspiration comes in so many forms.
I am inspired by music videos (just today Sugarland's new video inspired me to paint my fingernails bright pink!), billboards, advertisements, other photographers, fashion magazines, and people in general. I have also been known to be inspired by a google search every now and then.

That's what happened last week. I was searching for some specific images and I happened to come across this:


Photobucket


And I fell in love...

I adore everything about this picture. I couldn't find ONE THING that I didn't like. I was inspired :)

So during a shoot last week, I asked Nicole if I could try a specific shot that I'd been wanting to try. But here's the fabulous thing about inspiration... it's not the same as the original. Normally I wouldn't share several shots that are this similar, but I love how this one photo inspired so many photos that are similar and yet sooo different.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More from this session coming soon :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Diandra.

Jewelielyn said...

beautiful photos! and i know you don't normally post so many similar shots, but this time it was fun to see how it progressed--so many different looks with such subtle changes. i love it!

Candee said...

that's awesome to see -- so many different feels a photo can get with just a few changes with hand placement or expression. Definitely inspirational, thanks for posting! =]