Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Jasmine Star's Workshop

Let's set up a time.
Those 5 simple words changed my life.
Jasmine's email and her blind faith in me, played such a huge role in bringing me to the place I am at now in my business and in my life. Those 5 simple words, and the few minutes it took to write them, helped bring my broken heart, basic camera, simple blog and small dream to fruition.

There was a time when Jasmine Star was just a girl with a camera, a mending heart, an expensive blog and a big dream. But yesterday, she was a girl with a brilliant eye, beautiful heart, influential blog, and a great reality. Yesterday, she was the girl that sat prolifically in Irvine, the very place where she began her journey by helping with someone else's workshop. Yesterday she shared her heart, her dreams, her failures, her struggles, and her encouragement to a group of up and comings in the industry.

I was incredibly fortunate to join Jasmine and 20 other wonderfully talented photographers to learn, grow, plan, and dream big. It was one of the best experiences of my photography career and definitely something that has changed me and will change my business.

Thank you Jasmine and JD for opening your home, your world, and your hearts. You are amazing photographers, but even more amazing people. I am blessed to call you friends :)




We did a fun little shoot. I'll post a whole blog on this, but for now, a couple shots.





And here is the whole group (I'm in the front row, third from the right)



7 comments:

Bianca said...

I'm so happy for you!

NicolEnjoli said...

What a great workshop to go to if your gonna spend the money to go to one! What was the best thing that you learned from it? I'm sure it was awesome! The pictures are beautiful.

JonnyUps said...

Do I see Emi (Evoke Photography) in the group shot? Do you know of her?

wonderful photos!

cassandra-m said...

CONGRATS girl...that is awesome. I didn't realize it was already time for that workshop. Wheewwwww. Feb is flying by. That is awesome that you went. I still feel blessed from my trip. xoxo to you always...

Laurie Bracewell said...

Love your pics so far...I can't wait to see the rest!!

caosulli said...

It was SO nice to meet you Diandra! I know you'll go far :) Keep in touch!

Suzanne Thompson said...

Sounds like you enjoyed the workshop as much as me. Wishing you the best with your photography career.