Flash Required to view this area.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

I just want to take a moment and say thank you to anyone who is or ever has been in the service. Both of my grandpa's were in the service, one in the Coast Guard and one in the Army. I have watched several friends sign up and head out, and I'm sure there will be more to come. I am so thankful for the individuals who put their lives on hold to serve our country and bring us the freedoms that we as Americans take for granted.

I did not choose to be American, I was born here. But many of my friends, and people I consider family, are here because they chose to be. They're here through sacrifices, hardships, and long journeys. They're here because here there is future...hope...freedom.

Whether you are American by birth or by choice, legally or not, or just passing through... Remember today that freedom doesn't come free. That the freedoms that we enjoy here come at a high cost: years and years of wars, hundreds of thousands of deaths... soldiers and otherwise, periods of lives dedicated to the service and taken from families, children...husbands...wives... mothers... fathers... all taken for a short time... or for a lifetime. Freedom is not free.

So thank you for serving our country. I am proud to be an American, and thankful to be free. This 4th of July... Independence Day... Celebrate with me! The victories we've won, the things we've overcome, the freedoms we've fought for... and the flag we wave.

4 comments:

Jewelielyn said...

i could not have said it better myself--so i won't even try. happy independence day!!

Jewelielyn said...

wait a minute! you wrote this at 7 a.m.?!?! wow--i didn't even know you were awake that early . . .

Bianca said...

I'm proud to be an American :)

SNYKATZIN said...

Wow...I like this post...!