Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Teaser: Contest Winner!!!

Today is September 11. I can't believe it's been 8 years since the world trade center went down. I still remember that morning, getting ready for school (I was a senior in high school!) and hearing it on the news. I didn't know what was going on and I couldn't believe it. My boyfriend at the time (Jason) was in the marines and I just knew I was terrified that he was going to be deployed and have to deal with the aftermath. As it turns out, I was right. Shortly after we got engaged (yes, little known fact, I was engaged) he spent 9 months in Iraq when the war first started. It was a really difficult time for me, and as much as I appreciated the military before that, my appreciation grew.
Photobucket

I still remember those 9 months and the overwhelming emotions I went through. I know firsthand how it feels to have someone you love serving our country, and at the mercy of our military. Because of that time in my life, I have a different understanding and respect for what military families go through.

As I've mentioned several times in the last month, one of my very best friends left for the Army about 3 weeks ago, and even that short time has been hard.

Photobucket
Me and Javi at his suprise going away party.

When he first left, I ran a contest to honor and thank a military family. Yesterday I had the HUGE blessing to meet Jarrid, Amanda and Jameson, the winners of that contest. I was totally blown away by them and I am so glad that I got to meet them. Jarrid is being deployed in only 7 days, so keep them in your prayers.

Here is a couple of shots from their session... many more coming soon!

Isn't their little boy adorable? I got more expressions from him!!!

Photobucket

And for those of you who I know will ask, yes, these are really their eyes! I can see where Jameson gets his gorgeous eyes from!

Photobucket


Thank you to all of our military and their families!

No comments: