Flash Required to view this area.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sometimes "thank you" isn't enough

I thought the day would never come.
But it's here.... it came all too quickly.

Very early Tuesday morning, one of my very best friends is going to be heading to Kentucky for army boot camp. It's something he's been talking about for a long time... and something that has been in our minds for several months... but now it's a reality.

As much as I will miss my friend Javi, I am so proud of him as well as the rest of our military. And sometimes... words just aren't enough to show our thanks for the men and women that give their lives to protect us and our freedom.

So since a picture is worth a thousand words, a photo shoot has got to be worth like 10 million, right? In honor of my friend leaving next week, I've decided to run my very first contest. Well, if you can call it a contest. I'd like to do a free photo shoot for someone in the military. It might be someone who is deployed and their family is here. Maybe it's someone who is getting ready to leave, or it could even be someone who is local and works very hard on the home front everyday.

I know first hand, from this experience and from other loved ones who have served in the military, that it is hard for both the person serving and the family left at home.

So here are the guidelines:

1. You must be active military (full time, or reserves) or entering for someone who is active military (nominations WILL be accepted).

2. You must be within an hour drive of Cerritos, CA... Or willing to travel there or get me to you.

3. Email me with your name, branch of service, time served, a photo (the photo is optional) and a story (diandraann@gmail.com).

4. The winner will be given a free session, a disc of photos and an album. The soldier does not have to be included in the photoshoot if he/she is currently deployed. It can be a husband/wife, or children.

The contest closes one week from today... Sunday, August 23rd at 7pm.
I can't wait to hear your stories!

And to those of you who have served or are serving currently...
from the bottom of my heart...
Thank you!

Since every post really is better with a picture... here's one of me and my friend Javier.

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Thank you, Javi!!! I'll be praying for you :)