Flash Required to view this area.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mexico

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been absolutely blessed to go to Mexico with my church. We went again yesterday and took toys down to the kids. It was an amazing trip! God is so good! We left early in the morning and drove down to Tecate. When we got there, we went to the River Invasion. They had opened up the church for us and were there waiting for us and worshiping God. We went in and joined them, and a few of our people spoke (I'm not sure what they said, because I still can't speak much spanish) and several of the people in the River accepted Jesus. We also got a chance to pray with the people. It was such a neat experience for me, because I don't speak spanish fluently, or even close to it, but I was still able to pray with the people and even though they couldn't understand me, God still touched their hearts... and mine too!

After that, we talked with some of the people and passed out the first batch of toys. The kids were so excited! It's amazing how a simple toy can bring an instant smile to a child's face. It was cloudy, but we were incredibly thankful that there was no rain.... yet :)

The trip was incredible. I am continually blessed by these experiences. It reminds me of how much God has given me... how much He continually blesses me. And it absolutely humbles me to see these people where they're at. I serve an AWESOME God! :) Here are some pictures I took of the kids getting their toys and some other neat things. Enjoy!









1 comment:

Joanne said...

Diandra, It is great to see your pictures and keep up with your activities. Love you, Joanne