Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Toms Shoes and Giving Back

I love to people watch. I find that I do it most everywhere I am. And I am especially drawn to fashion watching... you know, scrutinizing cute outfits and thinking of how I could (or couldn't) wear that.

Yesterday, I was at Disneyland (ah how I love living in Southern California), and I noticed that the girl in front of me was wearing a really cute outfit. And then I noticed her shoes. They were Toms Shoes. I've heard of them before, and I remember thinking I wanted to look into them a little bit more, but I never really had. So when I came home last night, I pulled out my computer and looked them up and began to read through their website. I was totally impressed.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love shoes. But I also love causes that help. So I was very excited when I found out that by ordering a cute pair of shoes, I could help a child without shoes get a new pair! That's what Toms Shoes does. For every pair of shoes that is ordered, they provide a brand new pair of shoes to a child in need.

How awesome is that? Awesome enough that I bought a pair. And I would imagine I will be buying more! I wanted to let you all know that you can help a child in need get a brand new pair of shoes, while sporting a cute pair for yourselves! And men... don't worry, they make them for you too! Even for children!

So go order yourself a pair of shoes, and help a child! Oh, and let me know if you do!

On that note, I mentioned a few weeks back that a contest was coming...
So here it is. I am giving away a free session! I want to shoot you!

Here are the details...
The winner will receive:
1. A FREE session of your choosing. It can be everyday, engagement, or day after.
2. The session will last for 1 hour
3. There will be an online album for you to view and purchase photos
4. You will receive a CD of images from the shoot

The rules:
1. You must be within LA/OC or willing to travel to that area
2. You can enter yourself, or nominate someone else
3. You must email a photo of you (and your significant other if they will be in the shoot as well), your story, and why you want a photoshoot to photoshoot@diandraann.com
4. I will choose the finalists who will be posted on the blog, then blog readers will vote on the winner!
5. The deadline for entries is a week from today, Friday May 14th by 7:00pm.

Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

I would encourage you today to find a way to give back. Pay for someone's meal or gas... help someone move... find a way to use your talents to help out the people around you! Pass it on!

No comments: