Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oh blog... how I've missed you.

I plan to blog 4-6 times a week.
That is always my plan.
Isn't it funny how sometimes life gets in the way of our plans?

These last couple of weeks seem to have kept me busier than usual, and as a result, I have neglected my blog. It's funny how when it looks like I'm busy (from my blog), I actually have time to blog... and when it looks like I'm not doing anything, it's really because I'm too busy to blog!

I have a lot of fun shoots that I've already wrapped that I will be sharing with you soon... as well as some great ones coming up! (On that note, if you are wanting to book with me, shoot me an email asap because my calendar seems to be filling up quickly!)

But today I want to add a new blog post that I plan to do on a regular basis. I'm not sure what to call it. I see a lot of people doing this and I love reading them, so I thought it would be fun! I've seen all kinds of names for it, but maybe you can help me out? I have NO IDEA what cutesy little name to call this post.

I want to share with you some of my favorite things. Just little randoms. Sometimes photography related, sometimes not. If you have a great name for what to call these posts, leave it in a comment below! If I pick yours, I'll send you a Starbucks card :)

So for now... a few of my favorite things:

1. Red Nail polish
I have a love hate relationship with my nails. I love long, acrylic nails, but I hate the price tag and maintenance. So right now my nails are very short. And BRIGHT red. And every time I look at them, they make me happy!

2. Forever 21
A brand new, HUGE forever 21 store opened in my local mall. It is 2 stories of brilliance. I am a big fan of fashion and clothes, but I am also a sucker for a good bargain. I love searching and finding great deals. This store is full of them!

3. Jasmine Star Workshop
It's next week and I couldn't be more excited to meet these 20 amazing photographers and learn from my friend and amazing photographer, Jasmine Star. I have heard great things about her workshop, and if I were going to take ONE workshop, it would definitely be hers. So I am :)

4. Unexpected ways of making people smile
I am so excited to be working on an exciting project of bringing a Quincenera to a very deserving little girl in Mexico. We have gotten to know her through the years of trips to Mexico with our church and we've decided to throw her a Quincenera. I can't wait to see her face when she sees all the great stuff we're planning. If you are in the industry and have something to offer this little girl (services, products, etc.)... donations would be hugely appreciated as we are working hard to pull off a great event for her. Shoot me an email if you want to help!

And a couple of my not so favorite things:

1. Turtles with no names
Yes, you heard right... no names. Nothing has seemed right. I just can't pick.

2. 24 hour days
Can't we have just a few more hours a day???

3. uncomfortable shoes
I have blisters. Enough said.

4. Saying goodbye
Why is it always so hard???

Just so we leave the blog on a good note... here's a little preview of an upcoming newborn session with baby Jacob :)

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Love reading people's favorite things! I love acrylic nails as well. I got some put on right before Thanksgiving and kept them on until a few weeks ago. It just seemed like an expense I didn't need especially with having to switch to a much more expensive school. Yuck! Love black nailpolish but I've realized that it only looks cute on short nails. But I love 'em! :-)

Courtney Yagerman said...

You should call your "Favorite Things" piece 'Whiskers on Kittens' - a little play with the lyrics from Sound of Music "My Favorite Things" song.

Lindsay said...

You could call it 'brown paper packages'?!
Love reading you're blog.
And I agree...we need more hours in the day, mainly so I can get more sleep!!!