1. I am a youth pastor. But it inst just a job... I dont work 9-5. It's pretty much a lifestyle. Sometimes I have 80 hour work weeks... I'm always on call. And I wouldnt have it any other way! I work at the most amazing church ever and God is doing huge things in the lives of our teens and in our church. I also write a blog about this: www.diandra-ann.blogspot.com
2. I am an only child of a pastor and a teacher. My parents are my best friends. They are amazing. I really feel lucky that I am their kid.
3. I don't have a lot of close friends. It's something I've struggled with throughout my life. But the ones I do have are VERY close friends, and I know that I can count on them.
4. I'm at the best point in my life RIGHT NOW that I've been at in years. Maybe ever. I've been through a lot, and I've had some really difficult times, but after all of it, I know who I am more than I ever have before. I'm closer to God because He's brought me through it all. I know who my real friends are because they've believed me and been there for me and supported me. And most of all, I'm so ready to move forward and really start my life. I know that God has big plans for me. it's time to stop allowing circumstances, people, and life to get in the way of those!
5. I love pink. It makes me happy. I hated it when I was little, but it has grown on me. There's just something about it. And yellow too.
6. I can eat the same few things over and over and never get tired of them. I don't need a lot of variety in my food. Although I have recently started trying new things and branching out a little from the normal... and I've been pleasantly surprised at how much i have liked it!
7. I know how to make cuban coffee... with foam :) I am very proud of this fact because it is not an easy undertaking :) And I was taught by someone who would know... she came here from Cuba!
8. I can listen to Taylor Swift's CD over and over again on repeat and never, ever get tired of it! I know all the words and I will sing loudly along with the songs!
9. I am super sensitive. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I have a hard time holding back how I feel, and I cry very easily. I even cry at movies... and the occasional movie preview :) ...but I also laugh very easily... and very hard... and very long... oftentimes at my own jokes. And sometimes for no reason at all. I love to laugh and it doesnt take much to amuse me.
10. I am learning to dance. I am being taught by some friends of mine that are actually good at it. Not just any dance... latin dance (I'm not sure exactly what kind). And while I actually have great rhythm in real life, I find that I think about the steps too hard and my hips are seemingly attached to my head :) But then they blindfolded me and I did much better... so maybe I CAN learn :)
11. I've wanted a jeep since I was 10 years old. Remember that game "MASH"? yeah, that was always the car I chose. I am about to buy my very first one. I am super excited!
12. I love photography. It's a huge passion and I cant get enough of it. I even have a small business... complete with a website :) www.diandraann.com (which obviously you know if you are on on this blog right now :)
13. I love nicknames. There's something really cool about nicknames... its like saying "I know you well enough that I am going to call you something all my own"... it's just kind of cool. But growing up my parents hated when people gave me nicknames because they loved the name they gave me (don't worry mom and dad, I do too!)
14. I am still a little naive... maybe even innocent. I didn't grow up here in So Cal, and frankly I don't understand the harsh realities of life here. It's hard for me to see how people can have so much anger, resentment and hatred toward people they don't even know, just because of how they look or where they grew up or who they hang out with.
15. I am a jeans and flip flops kind of girl. But I also love to dress up. And I really have more heels than any girl should. And yet it seems the only time I wear them is Sunday mornings... and sometimes not even then!
16. I have learned to LOVE football! I love watching it. I have become a dolphins fan... although I think I will always love the Seahawks because that is my dad's team... and well, he's my dad :)
17. I have no space bubble. You know how you usually stand a certain distance from a person when you're talking to them? yeah, i don't have that. I have a tendency to get too close... and I am very physical. I will often hold a person's arm as I talk to them, or put my hand on their shoulder. It is normal for me... but I'm working on it because sometimes it makes people think I'm weird :)
18. I am trying to learn Spanish. I can actually understand quite a bit of it, but I have a hard time speaking it... I cant seem to recall the words that I need... but I can figure out most of the time what is being said. I would love to do one of those immersion programs where I go somewhere and live and only speak Spanish.
19. I say what's on my mind. Oftentimes people think I'm air headed because when something comes out of my mouth it isn't always a complete thought like most people. I don't always process all the way through what I'm thinking before I say it. I have very strong opinions about things (even politics and world events) and sometimes I have a hard time keeping those opinions to myself.
20. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jasmine Star (of www.jasmine-star.com). I think she is AMAZING at what she does... and I LOVE to read her blog (www.jasminestarblog.com)... I think I probably check it 4 times a day. But not only that, I had the honor of meeting her, and even shooting with her and she is possibly one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. She has a huge heart and even though she's been incredibly successful she is so humble and gives glory to God. Not only that, but she does so many things to help other people get ahead. I have a lot of admiration and respect for her. I hope that one day I am half as successful in the photography world as she has been.
21. I love the internet. I love to read blogs... and go on myspace and facebook. I know... lame. But there's something really cool about connecting to people that way. I like to write and I love pictures and that seems to be the majority of what that stuff is about. I have joined way too many things... myspace, facebook, twitter, the two blogs I write.
22. I am passionate. About everything I love. I don't really do things half heartedly... When I go for it, I GO FOR IT... I am passionate about life, about people, about God. I am passionate in my feelings... I have high highs and low lows... and I feel very deeply about things. It is rare that I am just neutral about something.
23. I am going back to school. I quit Point Loma Nazarene University after my sophomore year to come back and work at the church. It is one of the things I struggle with the most... not coming back... that was for sure the right thing to do... but the fact that I didn't finish school. Now I am enrolled in school again and I will be getting my BA as well as being ordained probably within the next 3 years. Then I plan to work on my masters degree :) I actually love to learn. Almost all of what I know about photography is self taught. I read books I looked online, I asked questions and I do as much hands on as I can. I am a very smart girl (seriously...like genius level :) and I love to learn.
24. I have a wild imagination. I am an only child and I grew up in areas where I constantly had to entertain myself. To this day, my imagination runs incredibly wild :)
25. I have the most amazing family in the world. I am super close to my mom and dad. They are two of my closest friends and I think they are absolutely AMAZING people. My 3 best friends are my cousins, Heidi Holly and Rebecca... even though we live far away, it's like no time has passed when I see or talk to them. My grandparents are amazing and wonderful and most definitely the best ones on the planet.