Flash Required to view this area.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Trash the Dress / Day After Photos

There are many new and exciting trends in wedding photography. One of my very favorites is the Trash the Dress / Day After photos. Here is a little explanation I took off of the Trash the Dress website:

"Go ahead, you know you want to. Trash it. Get it dirty. Get it wet. Roll around in the mud. Drench it in the ocean. Totally trash it. Why? … Why not? You’ve made a commitment to your husband. He’s your one and only true love, right? Then you’ll never need the dress again. And no, your daughter won’t wear it in 20-30 years. So you have two choices: 1) Suffocate it in plastic and throw it in a closet 2) Show your husband how committed you are by trashing the dress, and get some great fun pictures while you do it!"

I am completely enthralled with this new trend! I had the privilege of doing a shoot for a friend of mine, and I cannot wait to do it myself with my dress one day. The reality is... most of the time, the dresses can actually be salvaged with just a good dry cleaning!





If you aren't quite ready to "trash" the beloved dress, may I recommend a WONDERFUL idea developed initially by my mother and perfected by ME!!! Basically it's this: Each year, put your dress back on and do a photoshoot. You can involve your husband... or if he's not into it, do it by yourself! Do your hair and make-up differently each year... wear different jewelry and find a new location. Think how cool it will be on your 10 year anniversary to look back on 10 sets of pictures in your beloved dress. And as a bonus.. it'll keep you motivated to stay in shape throughout the year :)

2 comments:

LyndsieLov said...

Hi Diandra, I just got your post on my blog so I was looking thru your amazing web sites. You are very talented! I absolutely love both ideas you have for after the wedding day thing. Your pictures are amazing.. our third wedding anniversary is coming up and I'm thinking I've got to do that! Your pictures are beautiful

Unknown said...

I kow my hair isn't that long...but could we do something similar to this for Holly's wedding? Like a low chignon??