Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Event: Carol's Quincenera

I recently had the privilege of photographing Carol's 15th birthday celebration. In Spanish, it's called a Quincenera. I've known Carol for about 2 years and she is a beautiful, sweet girl. I was excited to get her in front of my camera. I'm slowly learning Spanish, and it's always fun to try new and different things. This was definitely something new.

She had a fun Tinkerbell theme. Check out some of the details...
Her bouquet...
Her cake topper...Her "last doll" which is given during the ceremony, symbolizing entering womanhood.Her beautiful dress. Such a princess!Carol's sister Eliannet did her make up. She did a beautiful job!Mom helped her get dressed.All ready to go!Carol you are absolutely gorgeous!With her "court." She chose to have all boys. No girls... just her :)


During the ceremony.
Part of the traditional party after is choreographed dances. They did a great job!

My friend, David, caught this picture of me. Usually I am looking pretty much like a mess by the end of an event... so this wasn't bad :)

2 comments:

Jewelielyn said...

beautiful! beautiful! beautiful! every one . . . !

Bianca said...

WOW! This is the first moment I got to sit down and enjoy the pictures. SO good. You're tearing it up, D!!!